Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 3

This is my third day in the DR and so far, I love it! I'm all moved in with my family and I'm really happy. We live right across the street from the university and very close to the center of the city! My host mom is a lawyer and my host father is a docter; they have two daughters, Perla (4) and Julissa (3).

So far, everything is perfect. The people I've met are really nice, the food is delicious, and the weather is amazing.

I haven't had a chance to get out and explore the city yet. My family drove me around and gave me tour yesterday. It looks like a really fun city and I can't wait to go out!

We have orientation every day this week and then classes start on Monday, the 12th.

I wish I had more to talk about, but as of now everything has just been a whirlwind.

I arrived Saturday afternoon, spent the day and most of yesterday in orientation at a hotel, and moved in with my family yesterday evening.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment